Thursday, January 29, 2009

Would you run it?

The Detroit News is getting a lot of flak for running the photo that accompanies the story linked to below. It's an incredible photo, and I don't see how any self-respecting newspaper could NOT run it, disturbing though it may be. The story -- a good, important story -- simply wouldn't have the same impact without it.

Here's the story (with the photo -- it's safe for work)

5 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger KMH said...

Wow - great story. And you're right - it wouldn't have the same impact without the photo. I would have run it.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Wow...that's all I can say.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger e.h. said...

putting the wtf-ness of this story aside, i say yes to running the photo. and that's really all i'm capable of saying about it right now.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Bigmouth said...

That is amazing! To me, showing everybody the photo is the whole point. What do you do if you are confronted with this? Do you pretend you didn't see it, or do you call the police? Do you go on pretending not to notice that there are poor and homeless people everywhere? Or do you try to do something about it?

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger ML said...

If only the rest of the public was as sensible and enlightened as you guys...

Most people are just thinking, "Dear Daily, I am outraged. How DARE YOU run that icky photo! I am shocked and appalled!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home