Wednesday, May 14, 2008

dillo day news, courtesy of nu's alumni association

"Dear Alumni,

Many of you may be planning to return to campus for Dillo Day. This year there are some changes.

Instead of Memorial Day Weekend, Dillo Day is May 31 this year. We know that some of you enjoy returning for the event and didn't want you to make the trip on the wrong weekend. The line up of bands is the best ever. We are very excited. The line up so far includes Common and Tedd Leo and the Pharmacists.

Also of important note is the construction that has happened on campus in the last twelve months. We are experiencing a construction boom and most of it by the lake front. On the recreation fields on the north end of campus (the usual site of Dillo Day) is now a wonderful Soccer/Lacrosse stadium. What this means for the concert, is a shift in venue. The concert will now take place on a new recreation field, a much smaller space, to the south (closer to the lagoon) and necessitates the closing of multiple parking lots by the Allen Center, Pancoe and Cook. What this means for you is that the entry points to Dillo Day are now at SPAC and at the Allen Center.

The university has worked hard in the last five years to make Dillo Day a safe, fun annual tradition that allows every student at Northwestern to have a relaxing, safe Dillo Day. We ask that if you choose to return to campus to celebrate spring with us that you also respect the changes we have made and enjoy the day with us.

Dillo Day
May 31, 2008
Five Bands, One Day
Play Smart!"

(y'know, of all the myriad things i've gone back to campus for since graduation, dillo day has never really crossed my mind. i wonder how many alumni tend to show up.)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger acb said...

It's never crossed my mind either. But since they mentioned it, we have to go.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Bigmouth said...

I never really celebrated dillo day when I was a student.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger james-f said...

I showed up my first two years out, but that's because the fraternity offered certain advantages to returning.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger e.h. said...

would those "certain advantages" include free booze by chance? :-)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger km said...

I remember the first two (that should say something about them) weren't that overly exciting; I didn't go senior year. But junior year was a good time. I can't see going back, though, unless someone had a place up there to hang out at.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger ML said...

I came back from my internship in Florida for junior year Dillo Day, but I was long gone in Pittsburgh for senior year. Can't imagine going back as a sketchy 28-year-old...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home