Son, let me tell you what a REAL earthquake is like, back when I lived in Southern Californ-i-a. Yessir, we knew how to rock, and then roll, always with the threat of utter urban devastation and a new address out in the Pacific. Yessiree..
I think I woke up, but then fell back asleep without knowing why I woke up, and forgot I had woken up until later, when I heard about the earthquake from Dave (who heard about it on the radio after the alarm woke him up). I'm pretty sure Pepper felt it, and made some of her muppety noises – otherwise I would have slept though it completely.
Slept through it. Then again, I slept through the knocking down of a wall directly below my room as a kid. And the digging of a cesspool in the front yard with one of them giant Caterpillar machines (with the front windows in my room open).
i slept through it. i didn't even know about it until a co-worker asked me if the earthquake woke me up. i think i said something along the lines of "what earthquake?"
Heh... the night after the earthquake, I woke up to a loud thumping noise, and thought tht was ANOTHER earthquake. Then I realized it was just Stewie, thumping her foot on the floor.
I was awake. If you've ever felt a building shake when a heavy truck rolls down the street, that's what it was like. In fact, I thought at first that's what it was except that it was 4:30am, dark and quiet.
7 Comments:
Son, let me tell you what a REAL earthquake is like, back when I lived in Southern Californ-i-a. Yessir, we knew how to rock, and then roll, always with the threat of utter urban devastation and a new address out in the Pacific. Yessiree..
I slept right through it.
I think I woke up, but then fell back asleep without knowing why I woke up, and forgot I had woken up until later, when I heard about the earthquake from Dave (who heard about it on the radio after the alarm woke him up). I'm pretty sure Pepper felt it, and made some of her muppety noises – otherwise I would have slept though it completely.
Slept through it. Then again, I slept through the knocking down of a wall directly below my room as a kid. And the digging of a cesspool in the front yard with one of them giant Caterpillar machines (with the front windows in my room open).
i slept through it. i didn't even know about it until a co-worker asked me if the earthquake woke me up. i think i said something along the lines of "what earthquake?"
I was in southern Minnesota. So, no. :)
Heh... the night after the earthquake, I woke up to a loud thumping noise, and thought tht was ANOTHER earthquake. Then I realized it was just Stewie, thumping her foot on the floor.
I was awake. If you've ever felt a building shake when a heavy truck rolls down the street, that's what it was like. In fact, I thought at first that's what it was except that it was 4:30am, dark and quiet.
Post a Comment
<< Home