Friday, February 15, 2008

Six words..

Interactivity!

I plan to pick up this book, which is an interesting premise. Back in high school, I heard the Hemingway story (challenged to tell a story in six words, he replied, "For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn") and thought it a great excersize in creativity, clarity, and brevity.

So. Tell everyone a story. A memoir of yourself, something that happened today. Six words.

ADDENDUM: Thanks to my awesome wife, I now have the book, and I am enjoying it immensely. Remember to go to the publication that is actually collecting them. You could end up in a future book; I found that one of my co-workers is in this book, with "Really, I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

Go post! And like KM said, it's a nice, small exercise to get your creative on.

25 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger TRoyal said...

Wrong button pushed. "Technology never works."

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must have been the cheese.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Winning would make me feel better.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Bigmouth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Bigmouth said...

Stomach hurts ... No, it's my spleen.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Andy said...

This post removed by the author.

It's almost as though the auto-generated "removal message" didn't read the post.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Today: "Family looks great, through new camera."

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was online at 2AM waiting for her to go back to sleep I was going to post this one:

"When will she sleep all night?"

Thanks to this post, I've been counting out various ideas to get them to be 6 words long ;)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

being sick sucks, baby sick worse

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger KMH said...

Black ice. Slipped. Is wrist broken?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Tired now, but how tired later?

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger e.h. said...

what the hell was she thinking?

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger TRoyal said...

One I pilfered, but speaks to me:

"I inhale battle.
I exhale victory."

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jimmy said...

azithromycin, oh how I love thee

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger TRoyal said...

but does azithromycin love you back?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger km said...

good thing we're not counting syllables there, jimmy. ;)

is this a record for comments on this blog?

today's: "lost more pounds! celebrate with cookies."

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger TRoyal said...

Record for comments is 22.

Another pilfered one:

"Well, I thought it was funny."
-Steohen Colbert

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

back in lab, nothing really changes

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Bigmouth said...

Ate salty sandwich, now I'm thirsty.

Come on! We can beat 22! :)

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger km said...

Contract says: closing date in March!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Didn't work out; ate like crap.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Andy said...

A moral victory. I'll take it.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Andy said...

I enjoy posting the tiebreaking post.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger e.h. said...

shamrock shake makes me happy. woo!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger ML said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy birthday, Kim.

(we're all mostly missing the point of the Hemingway six-word story exercise, by the way, but that's OK. Records are fun, even if they're hollow. Just ask Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home