designed to sell drinks
i think this has one or two more air dates coming up. here are some suggestions that troy and i came up for drinking while viewing this episode:
--1 drink whenever andy & gina's last name is pronounced differently from how we pronounce it
--1 drink whenever you spot white sox paraphernalia
--2 drinks whenever andy has a look like he *should* be saying something, but doesn't
--(SPOILER ALERT)chug whenever the over the balcony pulley system is used (/SPOILER ALERT)
--1 drink for every person you recognize during the "open house" segment
--chug at the end of the episode (trust me on this one)
and yes, we have this on dvr, but i wouldn't be opposed to having a copy on dvd just for shits and giggles.
Labels: drinking, real estate, tv shows

13 Comments:
Ahh, we still don't have cable! Is anybody taping it?
Sorry, we gave up the VCR when we moved (figured it was only a matter of time before KG starting shoving PB&J's into it, anyways). Otherwise I'd tape it for you :)
I am so going to DVR it, tho.
Ack! I'll never make it home in time! Someone must tape it!
I'll dvr it and can transfer it to DVD. (I love my DVR!)
Post show:
Wow.
Just...wow.
Andy, you KNOW this is comedy. And it will remain funny for a WHILE.
Loved the completely random and unbiased "buyers" at the end. :)
You know, it was most definitely hilarious, but I was actually really happy with how it turned out. Seriously. Having watched so many of the episodes, I think ours was pretty darned good. Seriously.
For those who did not see it, I believe it's re-running on Nov. 12. Check the Designed to Sell Web site...also, we're getting a copy on DVD and/or probably will have access to any number of VHS copies, FYI.
The best part was the Tommy Boy bobblehead making an appearance. I laughed my ass off. :)
Oh, and that frog died about two weeks ago, so that turned out to be "in memoriam" of the frog.
By far my favorite moment was the stop-motion strobe-light effect of the woman PUTTING HER JACKET ON A CHAIR. Who edits this thing?!
So, is there going to be a DVR viewing at Urbantherapy? I'll bring liquid reshrements!
There can be, I suppose. Can't tell you when yet, but there can be.
That's actually pretty impressive that they were able to make such an improvement with so little money in raw materials. Of course, they didn't factor in the labor, but even so, that's pretty impressive.
My question is, how many times did they make you guys do that bit at the end where you talked about how much more money you made? I watched that and could picture a producer off to the side saying, "Okay, perkier! No, even perkier!"
Actually, my other question is, why the hell was that guy trying to paint the floor molding without using painter's tape? That would have saved him a lot of time. And whining.
You didn't like the edit with the frog, where they hit rewind for half a nanosecond and then play again? I thought that particular edit was hilariously ridiculous.
The damned bit at the end pissed me off...we did it probably no less than 10 times, and I hate it because it's so fake.
The host dude, for the most part, slept on the couch when he wasn't needed during the Open House, from what I hear. And yes, I thought the same thing about the painter's tape...
Post a Comment
<< Home