Alert! Alert! Alert!
The all-time greatest Simpsons episode (of course that's purely subjective, but it's my favorite, dammit, and it gets played about as often as Halley's Comet comes around) is on TONIGHT (Monday) at 10 on Fox! Lisa On Ice! Homer as the ultimate, mean-spirited, bad youth sports parent. The kind of asshole I deal with every stinkin' day. Comedy at its very finest.
I'm sitting here trying to pick the best line off the top of my head, and I can't. There are about 50 coming to me right now. Seriously. Fifty. Here's one.
"Oh my god, Marge. A penalty shot with only four seconds left. It's your child versus mine! The winner will be showered with praise; the loser will be taunted and booed until my throat is sore!"
If only they had had pee-wee hockey when Snake was a lad...

5 Comments:
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
(that only works if you picture homer turning the lights on and off, btw.)
You're fighting for your parents' love!!!
Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and so on.
Dammit, Will! It's "such and such," not "so on"! Sigh. I expect better from you.
Sigh. I am shamed.
Competitive violence! That's why you're here!
Post a Comment
<< Home