"Boys Will be Boys ... or will they"?
Got a bible newsletter/proselytizer from a local Baptist church on my front door today. Main headline is "What Really Led To Terry Schiavo's Death?" to give you an idea of what we're dealing with.
But the best part is "Rearing Masculine Sons," which bemoans the gender-neutralizing society in which we live. This church wants Manly Men, and offers a Top 10 on how to make sure your son doesn't become one of them sissy-boys.
Among my favorites:
---From the earliest stages of life, don't dress your son in feminine or neutral clothes.
---Have your son play with masculine toys.
---Teach the child to be physically coordinated.
---Do not allow your son to become off-balance in his love for music.
And the best one... drumroll please...
---Teach your daughter to help her brother become a man.
Says Most People: "Ewwwwwwww."
Says Cletus The Slack-Jawed Yokel: "That's hot."

4 Comments:
That's so effing awesome. I would say, "Only in Indiana", but I'm sure the Bible Belt is like that, too. Except probably those rules aren't written down anywhere...
*shaking head* that's just sad ...
Dear, (Religious Leader),
I have been trying for some time now to force my son to be physically coordinated, but nothing seems to be working. Should I simply kill him now or should I help him to enter the priesthood?
Thanks in advance,
Girly Kid's Mom
You know, my parents dressed me in pink when I was a small child and tried to give me dolls and My Little Pony.
That worked out exceptionally well for making me more feminine. I mean, gosh, I'm always the most femme girl at the lesbian bar.
Before this comment collapses under my heavy sarcasm, I'll point out that I did at one point finally snap and scream "I HATE STUPID DOLLS!" when I was about five. My mom's cousin who had just given me an extremely nice doll didn't really appreciate that...
Post a Comment
<< Home