Wednesday, April 19, 2006

welcome to hades. how may i direct your call?

i've said more than once that if i'm going to hell, i'd be the receptionist taking reservations and whatnot.

i am now in hell and will be here at least for the next 2 weeks. my fbc boss (go check the urbantherapy archives if you know not of what i refer to) is reaching new levels of fbc-ness this week, and i'm not entirely convinced of my ability to refrain from throwing a chair in their general direction. good thing they're not actually in the office right now.

so how's your hump day going?

4 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are the career comments i have received in the last 24 hours:

"If I could hire a white person, you'd be the white person."
and
"The main problem will be your experience, plus, as I remember, you have a masters. This may price you out in many districts, including mine. I think you could apply to any of the northern suburbs--the richer the better."

That will teach me to be white, smart and experienced.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger ML said...

I had to write three stories in an hour. Why does news always have to happen and stuff?

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Andy said...

My hump day wasn't too bad, but that's because I was driving most of the day through Iowa and eastern Nebraska. Obviously, that wasn't bad.

Today, however, probably will be much different.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Bigmouth said...

On the plus-side: I helped people find books about Matisse, hypoglycemia, essay-writing, and women astronomers.

on the minus-side: I had to remind a couple people to go into the restroom or down to the list level to use their cell-phones -- I hate having to play babysitter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home