Monday, November 14, 2005

Shuffle this

OK, the Jack/Shuffle/Play Anything radio phenomenon has officially gone too far. In a 10-minute span, I heard Duran Duran's "Rio" on Nine-FM, 104.3 Jack-FM and Q101. And the next morning (yesterday), I heard it again on The Mix, while "Hungry Like The Wolf" was on Jack-FM, to boot. And if I hear Frankie Goes To Hollywood one more time on Q101, I'm going to drive off the road into a ditch.

If I'm just going to hear the same songs over and over again, can we go back to when it was new stuff, at least?

4 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger TRoyal said...

How does it feel when something you thought was cutting edge turns out to be as programmed as any other corporate crap?

/holier than thou
//iPod!
///hasn't listened to non-NPR radio since '99
////make the slashes stop!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger ML said...

I've been pretty anti-shuffle crap since the beginning. When it was one station, I found it amusing. But now, there's nothing BUT that.

/in a modern rock-free wasteland
//I have an iPod, too!
///still likes options radio can provide
////XM radio is pretty bad-ass
/////happy hanukkah?
//////slashie oneupmanship!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Andy said...

///////burp.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Nato said...

Insert "slash fiction" joke here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home