Wow. With Q101 "on shuffle" and playing some great stuff but also Alanis Morrissette and Frankie Goes To Hollywood, the third-largest city in America is without a true modern rock station. How sad.
I just don't understand how there can be no real rock station in Chicago? Hell, tiny towns in rural Kansas have rock stations. This is freakin' Chicago! And all they got is classic rock stations where Pearl Jam's the new up-and-coming band. I guess they're just trying to live in the past, back when a time when the Bears were good...
laz, i guess they're relying on the research that says that "you" (read=18-34 males) are turning to the 'net and that traditional formats like modern rock don't work. of course, if they actually bothered to, i don't know, ASK members of their target demographic what they wanted, this might all be different. which leaves us with two things:
1) you should write a letter to the editor complaining about the dearth rock stations; and
2) i really need to get a job so i can put all this mktg stuff to use. :P
9 Comments:
that blows. seriously, it's time for me to go get satellite in my car.
I guess I'm going to be relying on my ipod now whenever I get bored with NPR ... I think it may jsut be radio in general that sucks, not just Chicago
You should give WIND AM 560 a chance. Solid radio.
Umm...that was me. Sorry...
how many oldies stations does chicago need?
hooray for ipod! :-)
I just don't understand how there can be no real rock station in Chicago? Hell, tiny towns in rural Kansas have rock stations. This is freakin' Chicago! And all they got is classic rock stations where Pearl Jam's the new up-and-coming band. I guess they're just trying to live in the past, back when a time when the Bears were good...
laz, i guess they're relying on the research that says that "you" (read=18-34 males) are turning to the 'net and that traditional formats like modern rock don't work. of course, if they actually bothered to, i don't know, ASK members of their target demographic what they wanted, this might all be different. which leaves us with two things:
1) you should write a letter to the editor complaining about the dearth rock stations; and
2) i really need to get a job so i can put all this mktg stuff to use. :P
KEXP on the internet has nearly made all other radio stations obsolete. (Though I miss good ol' college radio KSYM in San Antonio.)
That's a good thing, since I can't afford satellite radio or an iPod.
What, has XRT gone the way of the dodo while I've been away?
This really sucks...because now, not only is my afternoon drive show gone, but my morning drive show as well.
Unbelievable.
Post a Comment
<< Home