b/c we all need a test to tell us what we already know...
i'm blaming eric zorn for this one. the nerd? geek? or dork? test!
| Pure Nerd 60 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 8% Dork |
| For The Record: A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia. A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one. A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions. You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd. The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful. Congratulations! |

9 Comments:
I am:
Pure Nerd
60 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 13% Dork
Hey, is it any different than the purity tests we would take to tell us what we already knew? ;)
I am:
Pure Nerd
95 % Nerd, 21% Geek, 17% Dork
Gee, shocking. :)
I am: Pure Nerd
56 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 26% Dork
They have different definitions of those words than I do. I always thought of myself as a dork - a goofy nerd with a personality and a real social life. Geeks are nerds who obsess over computers and gadgets, and tend to have no friends. Nerds are nerds who are only friends with other nerds and who's idea of a big night out is a dungeons and dragons or risk game.
86 % Nerd, 56% Geek, 52% Dork
I am an outcast genius! Whoo! I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-R-T!
Modern, Cool Nerd
56 % Nerd, 56% Geek, 47% Dork
"The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!"
Score!
wow. we really are nerds.
and to answer kim's question, no, this is not any different than the purity tests that also tell us what we already know. :-)
65% nerd, 17% geek, 52% dork:
"You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material."
I think MaryAnn Johansson's Geek Philosophy blog may have come up with this first.
Does saying that make me a geek, nerd, or dork? (According to the test, I'm 69% nerd, 47% geek, 43% dork.)
I'm still catching up on everything that I didn't hae time to read over the weekend ...
86 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 26% Dork
Post a Comment
<< Home